There is so much to do in Crystal Lake!
For starters, click here for a great video from the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce which highlights many of Crystal Lake's attractions
We have great shopping, dining and much more!
- Shopping and Dining We've got it all, from fine dining to fast foods, major retailers to independent specialty shops, and everything in between! We're working on new website features to provide much more information, but in the meantime, you will find up to date lists at The Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Crystal Lake! Enjoy!
- Three Oaks Recreation Area Crystal Lake's newest, premier, regional recreational attraction is located on pristine waters and offers a swimming beach, boat rentals, fishing, scuba diving, the Quarry Cable Park and Grille, hiking trails, picnic areas and pavilions, beautiful views and much more! Great family fun!
- Historic Downtown Crystal Lake - a Premier Illinois Main Street Community! Crystal Lake's vibrant, historic downtown is home to locally owned shops, restaurants and services which can be found within easy walking distance of each other. Downtown Crystal Lake also hosts many popular family-oriented events, including Lunch with the Easter Bunny, Ladies Nights, a Farmers Market, the Historic Trolley Tour, Johnny Appleseed Festival, Halloween Handout, Festival of Lights Parade, Breakfast with Santa, the Santa House, and much more!
- Crystal Lake is host to many festivals and events, including the Lakeside Festival, Independence Day parade and fireworks at Main Beach, to name just a few. Visit McHenry County has more information!
- Crystal Lake Park District - Too many amenities to list! The Park District offers swimming, sailing and fishing on the waters of our namesake lake at Main Beach and West Beach, outdoor concerts,the "Chili Open" Winter Golf Tournament, trails, golf, sports fields, a "bark park" and more at Lippold Park, play areas, trails and more at Veteran Acres park, many other parks and open spaces, numerous classes, trips and events, and we could just keep going!
- Biking and Hiking - There are some great trails at Three Oaks Recreation Area and throughout the Park District, and here is a map of even more trails.
- Raue Center for the Arts, located at 26 North Williams Street in downtown Crystal Lake, the building was once home to the historic and beautiful El Tovar movie theater and still retains many of its original design features. The Raue Center attracts visitors from all over the region with its top notch offerings of major Broadway productions, community theater, musical events, poetry reading and more!
- Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole Mansion 401 Country Club Road. One of Crystal Lake's historic landmarks Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole Mansion, hosts tours and events, including First Friday art receptions, art exhibits and shows, Run and Roll for the Dole, Christmas at the Dole, art and culinary classes, resident artist studios and classes, and much more!
- Colonel Palmer House - The restored home of one of Crystal Lake's early pioneers is now a local museum.
- McHenry County Youth Sports Association Baseball Championships are held every summer. This event attracts visitors from all over the world to watch and support their teams in this championship tournament for 15 year olds.
- America's Cardboard Cup Regatta Held annually at Crystal Lake's Main Beach and considered the championship of cardboard boat racing, nearly 200 cardboard boats race to benefit a wide variety of local charities. It's a fun day for everyone!
- Off to the Races! For a complete list of area races. including Crystal Lake's Bob Blazier Run for the Arts, the Run and Roll for the Dole, the Abominable Snowman race and many more, the Running Depot has a comprehensive list!
- Skating The Crystal Lake Park District offers winter skating and indoor Ice Skating is available at Crystal Ice House. For Roller skating, Xtreme Wheels
Thank you for your interest in Crystal Lake, where there are so many wonderful things to do and enjoy!